Leading the charge on behalf of the Texas banking industry
Since 1885, advocacy has been one of the primary member benefits of the Texas Bankers Association.
Our advocacy efforts include:
State Lobbying: We are the primary lobbyists for TBA members at the Texas Capitol.
- Federal Lobbying: We work with Washington, D.C. contract lobbyists on federal legislative and regulatory matters and litigation.
- Grassroots Network: We leverage banker relationships with their local legislators in order to solidify support for TBA initiatives.
- BankPac: Staff presents to bank boards and/or employees on the importance of PAC.
- Regulatory Agencies: We regularly interact with state and federal regulators (TX DoB, TDSML, OCC, FDIC, CFPB, Fed) to ensure TBA is an essential stakeholder in formulation of regulations.
- Member/Media Relations: We provide information to membership and media on relevant banking matters.