Recognizing banks and bankers for their financial literacy efforts
Financial literacy is a top priority of the Texas Bankers Foundation. Throughout the state, Texas bankers are enhancing the quality of life in their communities by:
- Teaching children the benefits of savings.
- Educating teenagers on how to use credit wisely.
- Instructing young adults in budgeting for and financing their first home.
- Providing programs for the unbanked.
- Helping protect senior citizens from fraud.
The goal of the Leaders in Financial Education Awards is to acknowledge and honor Texas banks that are dedicated leaders in promoting financial education in their communities. The LiFE Award winners will be honored at a special luncheon during TBA's Annual Convention.
One bank in each asset range will receive the Leaders in Financial Education Award. Winning banks receive:
- A LiFE Award trophy.
- An article in Texas Banking magazine.
- Press releases to local and statewide news media and banking publications.
- Recognition at a special Cornerstone/LiFE Awards luncheon at convention.
Download the LiFE Awards application.
LiFE Individual Recognition Award
In addition to recognizing banks for their financial education efforts, the Texas Bankers Foundation recognizes special bankers who have gone above and beyond in dedicating their time and energy and/or have inspired others in their banks to provide financial education in their communities. Full time employees of TBA-member banking institutions in Texas are eligible for the LiFE Individual Recognition Award. Nominations may be made by any officer, employee or director of a member bank. The nomination form must be signed by the president, CEO or board chairman of the nominee's bank.
Download the Individual Recognition Award application.