American Momentum Bank
College Station, TX
Senior Internal Auditor
SUMMARY: Conducts independent audits of financial records and control procedures to ensure the Bank is in compliance internal control requirements and applicable laws and regulations.
• Maintains a comprehensive internal audit program, which includes periodic audits of all branches and departments of the Bank.
• Prepares internal control documentation to meet the requirements of the Bank’s independent public accountants and banking regulators.
• Assists in the conduct of the annual independent financial audit through workpaper documentation of audit activities. May conduct audit activities under direction of the Bank’s independent public accountant.
• Review policies and procedures for the safeguarding of Bank assets.
• Makes recommendations to senior management for control improvements, where applicable, assists developing procedures that meet internal control standards.
• Conducts process improvement reviews of departmental functions and makes recommendation for process improvement, where applicable.
• Develops new or revised internal audit policies, methods and procedures.
• Reviews the Bank’s insurance coverages on a periodic basis to ensure adequate coverage against loss.
• Performs loss mitigation analyses of branch or departmental operations.
• Submits written reports of internal audit reviews to senior management and the Directors’’ Audit Committee, including findings, conclusions and recommended actions.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
• Certified Public Accountant desired but not required.
• Previous accounting/finance experience working in a financial services environment desired but not required.
• Ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with auditees.
• A minimum of 5 years’ prior experience in a financial or auditing environment, or a combination thereof.
• Knowledgeable in financial institution operating policies and procedures and banking regulations state and federal