Any American Bank Location
Compliance Analyst lll
Summary of Position
Assist in administering of the day-to-day operations of the Compliance/BSA Programs. Works with other members of the Compliance team in assessing the internal controls and procedures of the bank to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory and statutory requirements. In addition, the Compliance Analyst will be responsible for the following:
• Keeping abreast of compliance-related rules, regulations and guidance in an effort to assist the Compliance team and bank staff.
• Maintaining written Compliance/BSA Program policies and procedures;
• Demonstrating leadership to, and providing training for, bank staff in compliance-related matters.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Monitors all regulatory requirements (existing, proposed and new) affecting the Bank and for assessing risk, developing, implementing and managing the Bank’s compliance program across the company.
• Ensures that policies and procedures are in compliance with regulatory requirements and recommends policy and procedure changes as warranted.
• Reviews and analyzes new and existing products, services and processes for regulatory compliance.
• Assumes a consultative approach in providing support, advice and suggestions to managers and team members in the Compliance Department.
• Shows attention to detail in accomplishing a task through concern for all areas involved. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
• Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence. Shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement.
• Effectively transfers thoughts and expresses ideas orally or verbally in individual and group situations. Gathers relevant information to communicate results or findings to managers and team members within the department as well as other stakeholders.
• Demonstrates eagerness to acquire necessary technical knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve a customer’s needs effectively. Has desire and drive to acquire knowledge and skills necessary to perform the job more effectively.
• Produces results or provides service that meets or exceeds department and Bank standards. Uses available technology, data resources, and leverage experience to provide quality support.
• Participates in required training.
• Stays abreast of Bank products and services.
• Performs other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Non-Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Training in various functions of a financial institution.
• Must have an overall knowledge of banking.
• Knowledge of Federal and State Regulatory requirements is preferred.
• Experience in reading and interpreting state and federal financial regulatory manuals preferred.
• A basic understanding of financial institution operations, policies, procedures and compliance issues is preferred.
• One to three years’ experience working in financial industry is preferred.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills is essential.
• Positive Attitude and strong experience
• Must have a strong understanding of human relations, and the ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with business unit partners.
• Must be able to exercise independent judgment, initiative and tact in dealing with employees and management.
• Position requires attention to detail and the ability to work well under the pressure of deadlines.
• Must present a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Must have the ability to apply principles or logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
• Specialty courses in regulatory compliance preferred.
• Trainings skills preferred.
• BSA Experience Required.
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred
• CRCM, CAMS, CPA, or CIA professional certification preferred.
• Some college courses in compliance or accounting preferred.
"Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally, or informally, either verbally or in writing."