First Guaranty Bank
Part-Time Resource Associate (Teller)
The Resource Associate processes a variety of routine financial transactions including check cashing, withdrawals, deposits, and loan payment in accordance with bank policy and procedures; maintains appropriate level of cash on hand; records all transactions accurately; responsible for managing and balancing cash draw daily; and provides customer service by promoting and selling bank services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Receive cash and checks for deposit, verify amounts, and look for check endorsements.
2. Process cash through currency counter to guard against acceptance of counterfeit bills.
3. Cash checks for customers after verifying identification and checking account balances in accordance with bank policy.
4. Enter transactions into computer and issue customer receipts.
5. Count cash and balance cash and checks against computer records at end of shift.
6. Prepare official checks as requested.
7. Explain bank services and charges to customers.
8. Make required monthly referrals for bank products and services to current and prospective customers.
9. Observe suspicious behavior and report any such activity to Resource Specialist and/or security personnel as appropriate. In the event of a robbery, remain calm and follow bank procedures to safeguard customers and staff.
10. Substitute as needed during lunches and short breaks and perform simple functions such as accessing safe deposit boxes and explaining ATM operations.
11. Adhere to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies.
12. Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
• Minimum of 6 months previous cash handling experience.
• High school diploma or equivalency.
• Ability to enter numerical data on computer with speed and accuracy.
• Good mathematical aptitude to facilitate daily balancing.
• Must be pleasant when dealing with bank customers.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to cross-sell products and services to perspective customers.
• Successful completion of in-house training program.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.