Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing plans and manages all aspects of the bank’s internal/external marketing promotions including creative development of all promotion deliverables to support the goals of product and line of business managers. In addition, the Director of Marketing is responsible for all internal and external communications, including public/media relations. Maintains and communicates the bank’s brand standards. Position may office in Austin or Corpus Christi, TX.
• Manages and directs work of external ad agency and other resources.
• Oversees development of the annual marketing plan/calendar.
• Plans, creates, implements and oversees product and service promotions, working with product and line of business managers to achieve their goals.
• Monitors and manages the bank’s brand, including revisions and additions to the bank’s Brand Stylebook and usage of the bank logo.
• Oversees and coordinates revision/reprinting of collateral materials.
• Gathers and analyzes information to identify new markets and clients, demand for products and services, and efficacy of existing marketing campaigns and strategies.
• Conducts market research, including pricing research and analysis to ensure competitive product and service pricing.
• Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in the market; identifies needs for new products and services and makes recommendations to leadership.
• Collaborates in the development of new products.
• Collaborates, participates in, and coordinates promotional activities or trade shows.
• Negotiates contracts for services needed to execute a marketing strategy.
• Responsible for plans, designs and implementation of client statement messages and onserts, working with the bank’s vendors.
• Oversees the design, execution and implementation of internal and external client communications.
• Acts as bank spokesperson for media inquiries.
• Initiates press releases announcing new officers/promotions, new locations, product introductions, community service activities, etc.
• Participates in various activities involving bank-wide staff and client communications.
• Other special projects, duties and job responsibilities as assigned.
• Assists in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training of supervisory and management staff in the department.
• Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
• Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Thorough understanding of market developments.
• Thorough understanding of marketing strategies and practices.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
• At least seven years of managerial experience in marketing, preferably as Director of Marketing for financial institution.